Browse our links and documents to get help and guidance on starting your own business.
- NI Business Info- Explore the range of free guides, resources and links to news and events happening around Northern Ireland. Sign up to their newsletter to receive all the latest advice and support straight to your inbox.
- My New Business - has checklists, local tips and guides to help you plan, start and run a business.
- Invest NI is here to help you start, support and even invest in your business. Their website has a wealth of information, links to a wide range of different events and competitions happening across Northern Ireland, and they’ve even got a Business Information Centre in their Belfast Office where you can access specific industry-related reports for your business. You can make an appointment by calling 0800 181 4422.
- Entrepreneur Handbook or the Student Entrepreneurship Toolkit are packed with articles on topics ranging from marketing to finance all perfect for the entrepreneur starting their business or the experienced businessperson who already has a business up and running. Definitely worth a read!
- Startups.co.uk is the UK’s leading independent, online resource for anyone starting and growing a business. It's the longest serving, largest and most comprehensive advice platform available covering everything you need to know to start, buy, run or sell a business.
- Belfast City Council provide a range of region-specific information and also run a number of different programmes and events for entrepreneurs.
- Santander Business Guides- including a nifty cost calculator
- The Beginner's Guide to Starting a UK Business can help you decide if you have what it takes to be your own boss.
- Startacus "The go-to space for Startups, Entrepreneurs and Self-Starters" (great monthly newsletter!)
- Enterprise Nation "Join a supportive community of small businesses"
- Start-up grind - largest independent startup community in the world. Sign up to their newsletter
- Techstars is a global ecosystem that empowers entrepreneurs to bring new technologies to markets across the world.
- Startup Google offers a series of youtube videos to provide weekly lessons for entrepreneurs of all kinds.
- Astrolabs Blog - visit here to find out more about the Astrolabs accelerator, industry insights and community news.
- Innovation Factory - 33% Student Discount on Business Lounge Membership contact email@example.com for more information.
- Grant Tree Funding or NerdWallet - they'll help you make sense of the funding chaos and give you some tips to get started.
- TechRound - a Students Guide to Starting a Business in 2020.
- SeedLegals - Help with the legals for growing your company. For further information about who or what Seedlegals is all about – check out this startup-grind Q&A
- Hubflow -A modern and stimulating co-working hub that fosters limitless creativity, collaboration and networking. Hubflow are offering students 30% discount + VAT on their flex and lite desks!
- Paperound is an online marketplace for students to complete company tasks for startups and SMEs. Students are booked by the hour, all the work is completed remotely, and payment is made straight through the platform.
- Clockwise - contemporary private offices, shared workspaces and meeting rooms. They are offering students 20% discount on use of meeting rooms. 8 hours free per month hot desking plus a discount on any further day rates £15 reduced from £18 inc vat.
- Side Hustle Toolkit - Santander are keen to support a new generation of business owners who’re thinking about kick starting their very own ‘side hustle’. They have provided a useful toolkit to help you get started.
- Business Plan Template
- Business Bank Account
- How to think of a Business Idea
- Insurance Info
- Pitch Template
- Student Entrepreneurship Toolkit
If you're still searching for a business idea, try these TED talks included in the playlist Where do Ideas Come From?
- Enterprise SU Facebook Group- find all the best info for QUB students in just one place
- Federation of Small Businesses (minimum annual subscription fee of £160)
- Canva for creating Web designs, prints or social media marketing.
- Fiverr is the world's largest marketplace for digital services. Get logo design, marketing services, whiteboards and more, starting from only $5.
- Find your ideal marketing job with The Future of Marketing
Don’t forget to visit the current opportunities section of our website to find out what’s happening and when.