**WE ARE CURRENTLY REVIEWING OUR GLOBAL VOLUNTEERING POLICY AND PROCEDURES - CHECK BACK DURING SEMESTER 1 2021/22**
Whilst we are reviewing our policy/procedures, we are unable to promote any global volunteering opportunities.
We appreciate you may be searching for an opportunity yourself. Please be cautious when searching for a rewarding and safe experience.
Here are some things to consider before signing up to a project:
- Is the project actually going to help a community?
- Is the local community involved in the project at the destination?
- Will the project support people for years to come?
- Is the project likely to spend more on itself than helping people? Do you know where any funds raised go?
- Who is taking responsibility for the work of the project and its outcomes?
- Finances - do you know where any funds raised go?
- Are volunteers supported? Pre-departure information & training and on-site support
- Are volunteers matched to roles within their skill range?
- Are there opportunities to support the organisation when you return home?
- Does the project/organisation have a good reputation?
- Is their website professional? Genuine photos (not stock photos), no typos, FAQ section, contact details section
- Are their social media accounts active (post often), have good a good following and engagement with followers?
- Is the organisation reviewed on Trustpilot?
- Do a websearch of the organisation and try to find forums or reviews where previous participants are talking about their experience with that organisation