Stop DEL Cuts
Stop DEL Cuts
Who's running the campaign
What stuff we want to change and why we want to change it
Your Union is here to represent you and your views and run missions to change stuff - be it to do with your course, the University, the Union itself or the world around you.
You elected seven full-time Student Officers to do just that and they are jumping into action right now to campaign to Stop DEL Cuts.
We want the NI Assembly to reconsider the proposed 10.8% cut to the funding for The Department for Employment and Learning.
This cut will have a huge impact on you as a student and also on prospective students - tuition fees could rise, subjects and schools may close, and student places will be reduced.
We want to campaign to Stop DEL Cuts to make sure that you and other current students aren't affected and that prospective students don't have to be forced to study elsewhere.
How we are going to change it
Your Student Officers have created the 'Stop DEL Cuts' campaign. But they need your help!
Support the campaign and make your voice heard in loads of ways:
- Sign our petition in the Students' Union foyer, at one of the Officers' lecture shout outs, or online here
- Write a personalised letter to your MLA - download a guide here
- Like us on Facebook and share our Stop DEL Cuts Facebook graphic (which is pinned to the top of our page)
- Follow us on Twitter and retweet our tweets about the Stop DEL Cuts campaign
- Tweet your support about the campaign by using the hashtag #stopDELcuts
- Tell your friends and family about the campaign and about why it is so important!
The Stop DEL Cuts Rally
|2 December 2014||12 Noon||Students' Union, front steps|
See you there!